We love you Tyler

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pics of Baby E at 11 wks (...almost)

I went in for a Doctor's appointment on Monday, July 13th. It was supposed to be just a normal check up to see how everything was going. The Doctor said that everything (meaning my blood pressure and weight) is looking good, so she wanted to check on the Baby's heart beat.

The Doctor pulled out a little hand-held device that would allow us to hear the heart beat on a speaker. She searched and searched for the heart beat for about 10 minutes but could not find it. She decided to send me in with the Sonogram Technician to make sure that everything was alright (at this point my heart was racing and I was just praying that everything was fine).

The Sonogram Technician was able to find the baby right away and started laughing a bit and then turned the screen so that I could see. It turns out that the baby was just moving (or "wiggling" as she put it) around too much to catch on the other device (and it did look like our baby was dancing around in there). At that point, I couldn't hold back my emotions any longer... I started giggling and then the tears (of joy) came. I was so relieved and in awe at that moment.

You can't really tell from the pictures below (the baby was moving a lot, so its kind of blurry), but I could see a lot on the screen. Our baby actually looks like a baby now instead of a blob. I could clearly see the head and some "wiggling" limbs on the screen. I was also able to hear the heart beat for the first time, which is undescribably wonderful. The technician said that the baby is a healthy size and has a nice strong heart beat, yay!


Our blurry baby :)


I tried to magnify the part where the baby is...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you heard the heart beat yesterday! I got to hear little Behmer's heart beat too. It was the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I'm so happy for both Ehmer families!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby's already so cute, I can just tell! :)

    ReplyDelete